Monday, October 12, 2020

Elvis and Marilyn were NOT in the building

 Boy! It's been a very long time since I've posted anything on blogger. 

It has also been a long time since I've had any artwork to share on here. But with COVID and the slowdown that it has caused, I have picked up my pencil and started to draw again. 

My niece is an avid collector of anything Elvis Presley, and I do mean anything. She just recently celebrated her 6th wedding anniversary, but I can remember the distress my Sister-in-law had trying to outfit her daughter for the wedding months before the event was to take place. 

  • Something Old - Check
  • Something New - Check
  • Something Borrowed - Check
  • Something Blue. OMG-Where-The-Heck-Am-I-Going-To-Find (and you guessed it) Blue Suede Shoes
With only hours to spare, my sister-law managed to pull off a miracle, and yes this is really my niece's wedding photo and they really are Blue Suede High-heeled Shoes 👍


This year, just before the lockdown over COVID, my wife visited the family up in Grande Prairie. She stayed with our niece while she was up there. When she came back to Quesnel, the lockdown started full force. My niece had mentioned to Lola that she would love to have a drawing that I made. 

Her birthday was just a couple of months away, so I thought I might try my hand at a portrait for her. A portrait of who was the question. Should I find an old family picture and draw her? Should I draw something from her wedding photos? Should I even attempt a portrait? 

What would she like?

What does she like?

Well, I know of two things - Elvis Presley and Marilyn Monroe. 

But she has every collectible imaginable for both Elvis and Marilyn....
Well....
Except!!!...
Original Sirianni *masterpiece* hand drawn portraits in pencil of both Elvis and Marilyn 
(drawn from photos of course for it's not like they were in the building ) 😀

Portrait of Elvis Pencil on Paper 11" x 14"



Portrait of Marilyn Monroe Pencil, Pencil Crayon on Paper 11" x 14"



The portraits have been gifted to my niece and she has given them a place of prominence above all other Presley and Monroe memorabilia. 


Thanks for stopping by, 
Frank Sirianni aka Foxxfyrre
TTFN



No comments: