Friday, November 10, 2006

Back at it Big Time!!


First off, I think that I am caught up with all the Globes for the gallery for Mimi's Dona Nobis Pacem effort. Mimi Pencil Skirt is still reporting on the subject as we speak! And I have an excerpt from one of her reporter role models:


Now Mimi is on fire, furiously typing

and typing, and typing and drinking lots of

Actually both of us were burning at least one of these

(No, not books! Couldn't find decent candle pic).
I would like to thank everyone that participated in Dona Nobis Pacem, for the
gallery is wonderful. Mimi is happier than
a P*& in S*&% over the response for the first ever run.
I still have more linking to do, but I will get to it
as fast as I can.
Even though my role was small through the entire project, I found it
unique, heartwarming, humbling...It was all that and more, and I'm already
geared up for next year, but I will have (hopefully) better planning
to handle 'many more' globes.

I know I'll be better prepared than this guy ever was!

To all the GMB Rebels that have handed in a wall, I have gone to all
your blogs and will get all your posts up as fast as I can, between work obligations and
wanting to help with Dona Nobis Pacem, I had to put posting for GMB aside for a while. But I'm back at it and will have them up shortly.

Now for a little fun!
I'm sure that most of you are familiar with the game Pictionary
And because this is my art blog.
I've made five pictures that I'm challenging all current
GMB Rebels to compete against each other. Just identify the pictures correctly
and email me back the answers. Learning some tricks from Mimi Queen of Memes,
This is how the game will work.
1. Be the first GMB rebel artist to identify all five pictures and email
me the answers
2. The first one to identify all pictures will have their wall posted at the top
of my side bar as GMB Rebel of the Month that will
link to their blog.
3.The winning GMB artist will then create 5 more pics for me to post.
4. I will post the GMB winner's new pics a week before the end of the month to start
a new round of GMB Pictionary.
5. The winner of that round will create 5 more pics that I will post a week before the next month.
and so on and so on.
The winner of the round, please email me your Pictionary pics by the 10th of the month, along with the answers by the 10th in a separate email, cuz I wanna play too.

Deadline for correct answers emailed to me will be the 29th of every month.
Anyone can play, but please don't leave answers in comments. I'll have to consider that kind of cheating, but hints (very vague hints) are Okay. Also, I'm not looking for ART, and difficult drawings for the game. Feel free to use clip-art, draw free hand or on computer, but the key to Pictionary is simple is best. Being too artistic can complicate the game.
After a round is over I will place that person's Pictionay pics in their GMB post with the correct answers.
Have fun. I will change the gmb link from week to month, after a winner is declared
for this month.

GMB Pictionary
1. (Foxxfyrre's favorite, and will appreciate donations of such kind)


Clue 1. Suzette just wouldn't be the same without it.

2. Name that old sitcom


Clue 1. Leather wearer in sitcom once dated Lavern.
Clue 2. Inspired by a George Lucas Movie

3. Name this movie title

Clue 1. Lead actor also starred in Devil's Advocate, and Heat
Clue 2. About a bank robbery gone wrong

4.Name that computer game


Clue 1. Blizzard did it, so hell must have froze over.
Clue 2. The car's not in the game, but it names the game

5. Name that book. Starts with The in the title


Clue 1. Author usually places settings of his many books in New England.
Clue 2. It's all Captain Tripp's fault.

8 comments:

H said...

o dear frank, I don't quite recognise anything. :-(

oh well.

But luck to everyone trying this game.

sounds like a cool idea!

Smalltown RN said...

The GM bottle is about the only one I recognize...funny how that is!!!

Great blog...

Mimi Lenox said...

Frank...I am laughing hysterically at the Globetrotters cartoon. How funny is that. And this is a GREAT meme. I finally got some sleep last night. Now I can concentrate on some of my favorite blogs like yours. This is a fun game! How did you find the time to do this? YOU ROCK!
Affectionately said Mimi Pencil Skirt.

Prometheus said...

Ey, whadaya think? Prometheus never went to MIT or Wharton. Seriously Don Frank, you must dumb it down. This here requires stratospheric IQs. Now how about a pictionary where you identify shapes like squawes and coicles. Uh huh huh huh huh.

PS: Betcha can't identify the character who said that last line (smirk smirk)

Frank Sirianni said...

Keep checking back, I'll start posting some clues to the pics!
Prometheus, I think that quote may have been Archie Bunker from All in the Family. Sounds like him anyway.

Prometheus said...

See? Told ya. Nobody with more than half a brain recognizes Elmer Fudd.

Wait: or was it quarter-brained Prometheus' poor imitation?

Frank Sirianni said...

We do have a winner for the first round. Irene from Pregnant Pauses got all five answers correctly and will be in my next posting
Thanks for playing.
Stay tuned for the next round of GMB Pictionary that will be posted December 10th.

Lizza said...

I'll try my hand at the next one. I'm afraid my right brain is on hiatus. Come to think of it, so is the left. Great game, Frank! And congrats to Irene for getting the answers.