Saturday, July 22, 2006

Recent drawings

Now that I have my scanner up now, I'm going through my sketch books and scanning everything new, or hasn't been scanned yet. These three drawings are about the most recent.

Portrait of an Elderly Man
9x11
Pencel on Paper
From an picture in Jack Hamm's, Drawing the head and figure. Another good learning text that I recommend.


Sick In Bed Collage
11x14
Ink on Paper
I really was sick when I drew this, and drove my wife nuts doing it. I started drawing the kleenex box, and when that was done, I'd ask my wife to find something for me. I didn't tell her I was drawing the item, I just simply ask her to throw it on the bed. And when I finished drawing that, I'd call her and ask for something else. It was fun for me at the time, but I know she was getting a little annoyed, especially when she'd say something like "What the hell do you need my egg timer for?". I ended up framing the picture and giving it to her as a present.

Assention
11x14
Ink and Pencil, and Graphite stick on Paper
This drawing was inspired by Mell Gibson's movie The Passion of the Christ



 Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

ancient clown said...

This one of Christ makes me think of DALI. I'd like to add your link to my group of artists if that's okay. Leave me a message on my message board.
your humble servant,
Ancient Clown