Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Portraits


A Few Portrait Drawings


These are a few portraits I drew from the texts "Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain" by Dr. Betty Edwards, and "Dynamic Figure Drawing" by Burne Hogarth. Both books I highly recommend if you want to learn to draw on your own.


Computer Portrait
 


Drawn with a Graphics Tablet using the GIMP art program. 
Text: Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain

Fisherman


Pencil and charcoal on paper. 
9 by 11 inches. Drawn from an exercise in Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain

Planning My Move



Pencil on Paper, 
9 by 11 inches, Drawn from an image in Dynamic Figure Drawing

Pouting


Pencil on paper,
11 by 16 inches,
Drawn from a sample image in Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain

Thanks for checking out my drawings. If you are interested in the books I used to learn from, click on the following Amazon Links

    

or you can check my Art Resources page

TTFN
Frank Sirianni aka Foxxfyrre
Posted by Picasa

No comments: