Thursday, July 20, 2006

New Art Scans



Woman with feathered hat


11x14
Black Ballpoint pen on paper
Drawn from a picture I found in American Artist Magazine

Curiosity


11x14
Pencil on Paper
Also drawn from a picture in American Artist Magazine

Eruption


11x14
Black ink on paper
This picture was my first attempt at pointilation drawing. It seemed to take forever to draw, but was quite pleased with the results. 

Toiling Hands


11x14
Blue Ball point on Paper
From a lesson in Burne Hogarth's "Dynamic Figure Drawing"
You can find the book in my Art Resources Page above or just click on my Amazon link below


Post update June 10, 2014

I'm currently going through the blog and updating posts that feature my drawings in them. When I started the blog, I wanted to post my drawings to get feedback on my artwork, and maybe a critique that may help improve my drawing.

When I drew the above pictures, I had only been drawing for about eight years. I started drawing when I was 37 years old. I did have an artist friend that got me interested and taught me a few techniques to get started. After those tutorials from my friend, I went on the hunt to find resources to learn more about drawing. I found several very good books that focused on drawing which I worked through. I still refer to these books when I want to draw, especially when I'm trying something new.

So now, I've decided to go through this blog and update it with a new purpose of making available all the resources that I used to learn to draw and continue finding new resources that could help people learn. I started to draw as an adult, and when I started I thought I couldn't draw anything. The books that I found, and some internet websites really changed that for me. Check out my Art Resources Page to find texts that I used while learning.

Thanks for stopping in!
Frank Sirianni aka Foxxfyrre
TTFN

 Posted by Picasa

No comments: