Wednesday, July 19, 2006

For lack of a better title: More Drawings


Classic Angels


Ink on Paper
9x11
From a classic painting from artist William Bourguereau that was posted in usenet newgroups a.b.p.fineart

Shy


Ink on Paper
9x11
Drawn from a photo in usenet newsgroups a.b.p.nude-art.moderated
Photographer unknown

Reclining Man


Pencil on Paper
11x14
From a lesson in Burne Hogarth's book Dynamic Figure Drawing.



Bored at work


Ink on Paper
9x11
I really was bored at work, and then I remembered that in Betty's book there was an exercise where you were supposed to draw your hand. I had done that exercise, so I grabbed my sketch pad (I bring my art everwhere with me--even work), got comfortable, looked down from the desk and saw my feet--so I drew them.

Tired Out


Pencil on Paper
9x11
Drawn from a lesson from Burne Hogarth's Dynamic Figure Drawing



If you have an interest in drawing I really recommend Betty Edwards' Book Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain, and Burne Hogarth's, Dynamic Figure Drawing. I've only been drawing for a relatively short time, and these books were invaluable to me as I hope you find them. You can find them in my Art Resources page above, or the Amazon links below.


Thanks for stopping by,
Frank Sirianni aka Foxxfyrre
TTFN
Posted by Picasa

No comments: